Wow! This first mystery box was such an incredible learning experience! We spent months curating these items (in a difficult environment due to shipping and manufacturing delays) and it just turned out so great. This box included some of my favorite and most used tools, as well as fun material and extras to make the crafty process more fun. Below is a list of the items included. Some of these are completely exclusive to the box, but most are available from various retail stores. We'll also have some other versions of these items coming soon to Shop OklaRoots!
These boxes went on sale on June 25th, and sold out in seconds. We're thrilled with the excitement and the response, and plan to bring a new Mystery Box in February 2023! Make sure to follow OklaRoots on Instagram and Facebook to keep up to date.
- 1/2 yard cotton woven material from Wonderground Fabrics : this could have been one of two prints, you can find similar prints in different color ways on the Wonderground Fabrics website.
- 1/2 yard water resistant canvas : my favorite lining material from Wonderground Fabrics, especially for beginners, water resistant canvas is light weight and doesn't require woven interfacing.
- 1 12" wide roll vinyl : this could have been one of two prints, you can find similar prints in different color ways on the Wonderground Fabrics website.
- 2 yards Tula Pink 1 1/2" wide webbing: the webbing I've been using for most of my bag straps recently, I just love the vibrant colors.
- 1 yard zipper tape and 3 zipper pulls from My Handmade Space
- Faux leather tags, cork tags, and wooden hang tag from Heartwood and Hide : these are my favorite items to add to bags to give them a more custom feel. They look great on the exterior or the lining.
- Set of 6 sew in labels : designed by me, these fun labels are a great piece of decor to add in the lining when closing up the whole of a bag.
- Discount for to Quill and Hive on Etsy : the artist that makes the most beautiful seam ripper / stiletto combos provided an extremely generous discount code in each box. They also have special Oklaroots tools for you to check out!
- An incredibly generous bonus, a custom sewing related greeting card from Paper and Wood Studios has included. Make sure to check them out on Etsy and use them whenever you want a handmade card!
- Probably the item we've been most excited about, the Wonky rainbow tumbler has been a huge hit! While this cup is completely exclusive to this box, we will have more versions in Shop OklaRoots very soon.
- Mouth Party Caramels : a fun little tasty extra that we've been munching on in the OklaRoots studios lately.
- 1"x3" OklaRuler keychain : keep an eye on Shop OklaRoots for these!
- Sewline Air Erasing Marker
- Frixion Heat Erasing Pen
- Leather/Vinyl Silver Pen from More Me Know
- Clover Chalk Marker
- OklaRoots pen